Saturday, March 15, 2008

In my weakness. He will help me. :)

Genesis 4:7- "If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."



This is something that really made me think!!!


We gotta pray that God will help us to overcome sin that keeps knocking on the doors in our mind!!

It encourages me to know if we keep studying God's word then it will help us to overcome our weakenesses and things that hinder us from doing what is right.

Psalm 119:133" Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

Romans 6:12"Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires"

Please pray for me as I strive to make good decisions and to do the right thing cause like anyone else I will mess up from time to time.

God loves you!

Until I write again, Lauren

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I appreciate what you have said in this post. Sin is always crouching at the door but you and I must master it. God will help us, but you and I are still left with a choice: to give in or to conquer. It makes me think of the golf tournament named the Master's. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to become a master golfer. It also takes work and dedication in order to master the desires that you and I have in order for us to do right. As Psalm 119:133 says, you and I certainly cannot direct our own steps. You and I do have a decision to make, which we can only make for ourselves. But, that decision must be to follow God's plan and allow Him to direct our steps. My prayers are with you as I know that your prayers are with me.